Choose Your Own Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

Dec 1999/Jan 25, 2000

December 1999

Managed to get the money together for the 10 reels. I’ve gone through and tried to pick ten with what I hope will have the best shots on them.
What happens if they all come back blank? How fast am I gonna kill myself?

Jan 25, 2000

Got the footage, ten reels(about 1 hour 55 minutes of footage), transferred to video best light. I was a little worried about it, because RGB--the lab who did two reels to make sure nothing was wrong with the camera/film/etc--did a lousy best-light transfer.

Well, I'm happy to say, Fotokem did an outstanding job. I gave them minimal instructions, just asking that they lighten anything that was too dark.

I had picked the reels to be transferred with a general idea of how I want the trailer to look. If I need any shots that aren't on these ten reels, I'll have to shoot them on video and intersplice it, hoping that it's not too noticeable. The difference between how film looks and how video looks is pretty dramatic.

Some of the shots came out better than I could have expected. I think I can make a good trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment