Choose Your Own Blog

Friday, February 12, 2010

July 7, 2001


This is one of those weird things you just gotta hear to believe...

July 7, 2001


Been to St. Augustine, Florida and back. Nice vacation. I actually didn’t want to come back. The weather was awesome and I hadn’t seen some of the family down there for years.

Evan’s sent me the first 40 minutes of score, and it’s some great stuff.

I had sent a question to Metropolis Records about how much it would cost to license a few songs from Velvet Acid Christ(VAC) for the movie and they said it would be $250 a song, which would include sync rights and performance rights(you need both to use a song in a movie). The price is VERY reasonable, so I’m going to try to pin down the songs I’d like to use.

I’m trying to finish the final credits, but I’m not sure what songs I’ll be using from VAC, and what songs I’ll be using from a guy named Leroy Bocchieri and his group, Day One.

I figure I’m going to put his songs in the office scenes, like they’re playing on the radio. He’s offered to let me use whatever I want.

First time I talk to Evan after I get back, he tells me a VERY strange thing. He had his mom over and she watched the scene where Aric kills everyone in the theater, and she apparently thought it was horrifying. And then he drops the bomb.

He says, “You know, it’s very strange that I’m doing this movie, because do you know who Richard Ramirez is?” The name rings a bell, but I can’t place it right away.

“The Night Stalker,” he says. I remember some sketchy details about him. Killed a bunch of people in the eighties, got caught because of something stupid.

So Evan says, “Yeah, my grandparents were killed by him.”

I’m floored. What do you say to that? And it turns out that it was his mother’s parents. The mother he’s showing my serial killer movie to. Hoo-boy. He says that until he was sixteen he thought his grandparents were killed in an auto accident.

I quickly peruse the Hunting Humans encyclopedia which goes into Ramirez’s history. I spot a name that pops up, though it’s not Evan’s last name. I ask him if that’s his grandparents. He exclaims yeah, how’d I know that? I said the name just jumped out at me. He said he didn’t know any of the details about his grandparents’ death. After reading about it, I told him he didn’t want to know.

Just another interesting anecdote in the story of Hunting Humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment